Nature Conservation / Management
The aim of these studies is the development and management of natural - important ecological - areas, aiming at the protection and conservation of the particular characteristics of the natural environment.
OIKOS Ltd has elaborated the following Studies regarding the management and promotion of the Natural Environment:
- National strategy (Master plan) for the Natural Environment in Greece
- Specifications and model studies regarding protected areas and management bodies (specific environmental studies, regulations of administration and operation, economic-technical studies and organization studies)
- Operational Plan for the Organization of the Marine Park in Zakinthos
Operational Plan for Actions regarding the Development and Protection of the Environment of the areas Evros Delta and Dadia Forest, of the Region of Eastern Macedonia and Thrace
- Study for the construction of artificial islets for threatened bird species at the western Avleri - Tsoukalio Lagoon, Amvrakikos Gulf
- Reforestation study for the area "Fraxia in Louros" Prefecture of Preveza
- Reforestation study for the area "Mavrovouni mountain" Prefecture of Arta
- The Cormorant (Phalacrocorax carbo) in Amvrakikos Gulf - Research on the problem of collisions between the fish-eaters and the fishermen
- Inventory, data collection and monitoring of 6 priority avifauna species
- Technical Guide regarding the environmental wetlands management and restoration
- Study for the management and restoration of coastal zone of Gianniskari
- Study for the promotion of Kalama estuaries and of the coastal region of Sagiada
- Preliminary study for the protection and management of Dimosari and Kastanologos habitats in Karystia at the Prefecture of Evia
- Protection of the raptors of Dadia Forest in Soufli at the Prefecture of Evros
- Ornithological assessment of Koskina area in Evia
- Study concerning the survival of the Mediterranean Seal (Monachus monachus) and recording of it at the area of Cephalonia and the Ionian
- Development and conservation of natural and anthropogenic environment at the area of northern Pindos (Grevena area)
- Study into the organization and operation of habitats management bodies
- Development - Operation of protected areas infrastructure (eight Ramsar wetlands)
- Planning and spatial arrangement of actions concerning the upgrading and development of Koutavos lagoon in Cephalonia and greater area.
- Pilot application of an integrated nature conservation plan at the Prefecture of Ilia.
- Ecological status of Petron lake (Prefecture of Florina) and possibilities for its development.