«Tilos: Conservation Management of an island SPA» LIFE-Nature 2004
The Project, in which OIKOS Ltd is partner, aims at:
- The protection of three important avifauna species:
- Eleonora's Falcon (Falco eleonorae)
- Bonelli's Eagle (Hieraaetus fasciatus)
- Shag(Phalacrocorax aristotelis)
- The creation of a framework for the protection, management and promotion of an insular SPA.
- Public / visitors awareness - interpretation.
Conservation Management Actions
- Formulation of fresh water springs for the benefit of wildlife.
- Pilot seeding of traditional local cereals varieties.
- Planting of native trees in some parts that have vanished.
- Wardening and monitoring of rare species populations.
- Proposal for the elaboration of a management plan.
- Organization of informative and scientific workshops and meetings.
- Construction of an ecotouristic path.
- Construction of an Information centre and publication of leaflet and book, creation of web page.